Be Easy

If i was to elaborate how pleasant it is for people to dwell together in unity....words would fail me...

Friday, June 24, 2011

GRADUATION.

This is the day supposedly that is supposed to be the climax of a long journey of schooling as an adult. Being an adult comes with a lot of responsibilities and thus it is not all that hard at times……


For me it was very hard owing to the fact I had a lot of challenges towards the end of my graduate course. Life is just like that, it gives you a challenge every once in a while to test whether you are sharpened enough or not. For me it was a very steep slope I tell you! I had to juggle so many things at once and it was no smooth ride. For a gem to be polished there has to be friction……so says a Chinese proverb.


I even failed to graduate in the same class I was owing to the fact that I missed a Continuous Assessment Test and the Lecturer would not hear none of what I had to say. I waited for an entire year before graduating and so had to do it with a different lot.


The day finally came and it was all pomp and color at home. Everyone got ready to witness my graduation. The funny thing is that I was working at the time and so had to ask for permission to go to my graduation. I did not see the need to make it such a big deal but it was necessary to do it because if you don’t do it as an Undergraduate…..you never will!


Transport was provided by the ever lovely couple Mr. and Mrs. Kamau who have always been a very influential part of our family.

Not many people wanted to go to the graduation square because it was a big problem getting out of there after the ceremony. I for example got lost on that day and had to be missing in action for a long time….i kept others waiting owing to the fact that the phone networks were not working at all….but eventually traced my way to the car. In the period I was lost I got to meet Auntie Grace who had come to grace my occasion….. Truly great love!
At the graduation I got to meet my childhood friend together with her mum,

can’t quite remember the name but we used to be together in child hood. ‘She has realy grown up’- I kept telling myself.


Getting out was really hard because cars were all over the place. But luckily, Professor Muchangi

was there to help us get out despite the clogged arteries out of the University. The man knows his way around the University, he really does…..
Eventually I got home to a rousing welcome. An elderly woman hugged me as I entered……and it was song and dance…..for a while……all along people reflected the sad past I had and now this……surely I had made it.



I was given the front seat….which I am not used to, so I kept on moving away from now and then, till I was told not to move again by the M.C. seated beside me were my friends from child hood to give me the morale of not sitting alone because it could get lonely up there especially when alone….


Speech after speech, I was being told I am a victor…..but little did I know what awaited me out there! It seems rosy to those that have not yet experienced it……just until you do. Special guest appearance by the ever lovely Mytchelle Aura and Amina……

they did me great these two ladies and I will forever be eternally grateful for what they did. Mychelle is the same lady that made an appearance at my father’s burial and that’s when I realized that indeed she was a true friend and not just a friend.


You would mistake my graduation for a come together because there was a lot to eat and you met people you have not seen in a very long while. It is like that thing you do every December where every member of the family meets at a central place for a goat eating party.


Anyone and everyone you could think of was there at home, including my Grand fathers (who have since gone to be with the Lord) R.I.P. It’s a wonder that after such a short time so much could have changed.


Not forgetting my cousin called Mama Ciru…..was also in attendance and has since gone to be with the Lord. Life can get really mysterious at times……………………..


My neighbors’ were also well represented in the house, and I was kind of overwhelmed by the turnout.

They dint come because I was good to them but it is because they realized I was one of them and it was good to join me in my celebration. It is nice to be an educated lad but it’s nicer to be the one who employs the learned individuals.
All said and done, it was a good day for me and it will remain engraved in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment